Saturday, April 01, 2006

ALMOST THERE:
Today was a great 12 miler- very good to run away from the Wellesley Hills, and also to get another run through Natick. Things will taper down greatly from here, and we'll be working on taking it easy and resting up for the final day. We went out easy and it paid big dividends in pacing- now to remember this on the 17th! We registered for bone marrow donations after practice- they take a swab of your cells and analyze them for compatibility for cancer patients who need stem cell transplants. One of those things that makes sense but we never thought about. Check out www.crir.org.

I will not be making many more posts to this blog! Almost there.
While I'm at it, I will list the
THINGS I WILL NOT MISS:

    -Waking up @ 5:30 a.m. Saturday mornings and 5 a.m. on chiro appointment days! And the going to bed early!!!!!!!
    -Catching up with friends on the PHONE.
    -Not drinking that second glass of vino.
    -The obsessive self-centeredness of marathoning- 'am I in good shape or am I getting an injury/cold? should I beg off my plans with my friend in order to rest more tonight?' While running: 'how am I pacing myself? how is my form? how well am I focusing? How well am I breathing?'After running: 'do I need to make another acupuncture appointment? do I need to make another chiro appointment? do I need to spend time stretching tonight?' Truly tedious and yawningly boring.



          THINGS I WILL MISS:


            -The camaraderie of our teammates- they have inspired, supported and been there through the trenches.
            -Finishing a 12 mile run and thinking 'wow, how good to ONLY run 12 today!'
            -Carbo loads- sans guilt.
            -The momentary success of managing left and right brain activity to optimize in-the-moment performance instead of having them duke it out to its detriment . Now to apply this in other venues!
              Best,-M

              Labels:

              0 Comments:

              Post a Comment

              << Home

              Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]