Monday, February 04, 2008

Team in Training summer and training for Boston 2008:


I had a great opportunity to support my friend, Chris Lynn, as she ran the Nike Marathon in San Francisco in October 2007. I had known that Chris was training for a half marathon, and had done a few training runs with her during her preparation, and just happened to have enough miles to get a ride out to S.F.. My sister's friend, Tom, was gracious enough to put me up (together with my two Portland OR sisters, who came down for the race!), despite a horrible cold, and I had a great time!
The Nike marathon is Team in Training's biggest event, and is a full and half marathon distance race which has the largest percentage of women runners of national marathons. The race was open to both men and women, which is along the inclusivity lines that I like to see. I am not sure about the finisher race shirt colors- I know that at least the women's finisher shirts were baby pink. :) I ran alongside of Chris, taking photos here and there- here's a picture of Chris along the Great Highway- this was a hilly, but exceptionally beautiful course that wandered through the Marina, by the Golden Gate bridge, through the Great Highway, and into Golden Gate Park:







As you can tell, my sisters were great sports and cheerleaders, making their way through this difficult course with all the road closures and hanging out in Golden Gate Park. I had a great time and was thrilled to run with Chris as she ran in honor of her mother Gerry and our mutual friend Jacques Chanier.

I'm now just about halfway through my training season for the Boston Marathon. I am running this year in honor of my friend Kathleen's mother, Judy, and am trying to continue raising funds through my Team in Training site and my online store. It's been a lot of work, especially for my brother Jon, who designed and developed my storefront website, and we have yet to see how it does. Here's to another year and will write more about the training next!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I guess it's only fair that if I post a photo of you on my blog, that you include one of me. I had not checked your blog in a long time -- glad I did today. Keep up the training Marie! You are terrific, sister! Love you, Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]