Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Strength behind the Sneakers- A post about donors:

Today's post is about donors- everyone who has donated to my fundraising so far and has supported my commitment to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

This past week, two of my wonderful sisters sent out e-mails to their address book, telling people about my running with Team in Training and inviting people to donate. I was touched, inspired and grateful for the support of my sisters and for the people who responded to their mails.

Since joining Team in Training, I have met many people whose lives have been touched by blood related cancer. I have met one strong woman who has since passed away, and others who are grieving for the loss of people they loved. You would have thought that I met these people through training, but instead, they were from my non-running life.

In reading comments by donors, I continue to learn about the numbers of people who have fought these same battles. Thank you for telling me and thank you for giving me the opportunity to raise funds for a cure. You all are the strength behind my sneakers and I think about this whenever I go out for a training run.

And thank you to all my dear friends and family who have donated to my training so far, both this year and last. You all know you have some heavy markers with me and I hope I will get the chance to show you how much it means to me.

Best, Marie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]