Thursday, February 07, 2008


Entry Confirmation 2008: We received our entry confirmations by email yesterday!
Here's to April 21st!
Our training is going well- we have an odd week, where we delayed a 14 miler until this past Sunday and have another 14 miler on Saturday. Adjusted weekday training to compensate and worked on cross training on the off days. We ran the course from Wellesley through the hills of Newton and back Sunday, so am hoping for the flats this Saturday! Pacing is going oddly well, despite a major asthma attack after Sunday's run, and the homework with that is to not get too anxious or pressured to keep each run the same. As long as you stay focused on PROCESS and not OUTCOME, you can focus on what it is that actually is getting you through the run. My mantra for running this season is to go out and just do my best. That's it. If I sense I am getting upset or losing focus, I relax and try to regroup. -M

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very wise! Just make sure you always have your inhaler too. Love, Julie

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Greg On the Run said...

Found you on the Complete Running Network. Others will stop by soon, too.

I love the idea of a team blog. I'll be checking back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]