Thursday, February 14, 2008

Speed work for dummies and fundraising challenges

Well, this week was my first intro to speed work. I decided to try some Yasso's, and as our coach suggested, did not do too many to start! I warmed up for 2 miles, then attempted 3x800, followed by two track laps each to cool down between. I am sure I did not do them formally, as I decided to recover by lap rather than by time.

It was hard! I have exercise induced asthma which is worse in the winter and when there is pollution or wind, and it is tough to balance speed work with my breathing even with the use of an inhaler. The last session I downgraded to 1 lap, followed by one lap recovery, doing this twice instead of the last Yasso.

My times were: 1st 800 at 3:41:39, 2nd at 3:40:96 and two minis at 1:45:95 and 1:44:37 each.

I need to think about how to keep challenging myself within the abilities of my asthma. I like having done workouts differently!

On another note, am facing some difficulties with my fundraising site www.coolstuffforthecure.com . Thanks to my brother, the site is wonderful and I have plenty of widget views, but practically no sales at all through the site- just about all of them have been through direct solicitation and through the support of my Team mates. If any of you have comments on why this isn't working or how you think it could be improved, do let me know!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]