Friday, April 18, 2008

Next Stop, Hopkinton!

Starting point, Hopkinton
Finish Line, Boston

Here we are! Just a few days and we'll be saying "remember the Boston race in 2008?" We are excited and hope to pick up our race packets at the expo tonight. For anyone who is interested, our bib numbers can be used to track our progress on the course by clicking the B.A.A. Site on race day:
Tim: Bib #21825
Marie: Bib #21806
Our timing chips will be going off at 5k intervals each time we cross the mat. With luck, we will make steady progress from Hopkinton to Boston!
How do I feel? Well, given the tendon injury, I have to be honest in saying that I do not know what will happen race day. I've made good progress this training season, we've cut some serious time in our pacing, and with a week break from running, I am reminding myself that anything can happen, including GOOD THINGS! If I find I cannot continue, I will deal with it when that happens, but I am hoping hard to pull out the fortitude I need to cross that line should my injury degrade on the course. I am grateful for all the support I've had and am honored to have the chance to run for Judy, and that together, Tim and I have raised more than $16,000.00 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Whatever happens on Monday, I'll live to run another day, but I am grateful for every single moment training and fundraising this year with Team in Training and thank you all for helping this happen!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger JulieJr said...

April 21 - Hey Marie and Tim! Great job! Can't wait to read your post about the race, but for now, I hope you can enjoy some rest. I always enjoy talking with you right after the race -- you always sound strangely ENERGIZED and happy! Job well done! Love, Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]