Sunday, April 06, 2008

Back in the running- 20 any which way you can

Well! Good news for me! The MRI showed inflammation of the tibialis posterior tendon, but the bones are good to go! I had the go ahead from my coaches and chiropractor, and took my 20 miler on a rainy Friday evening- 8 miles solo, and the last 12 with my husband, who had run his 20 a week earlier.
Not pretty, not fast, but DONE! The foot is still swollen, but knowing that I could complete 20 miles with the injury was very important to me. The transition after 2 weeks on the elliptical was definitely tough, but getting back on the road has been great! Now all I need is this CD:


Just kidding. I think all should be well in a short period of time. Acupuncture, ultrasound, electric stim, and massage are all on the schedule, and along with the taper, I remain hopeful.
I hope to post some more soon, and am going to focus the week on thanking my supporters, getting their names on my running singlet, and enjoying the taper!
For anyone else on the taper, I'll mention my coach's advice- the weather's warming up and it seems like everyone and their dog is out there running every day. DON'T. You do not need to- your body is ready for the race, and the best thing you can do to help it is to give it the rest it needs to rebuild itself for the big day. Keep your weekday runs intense, but make sure you are cutting down on the mileage. Your body will thank you.
Here's to the taper!

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger JulieJr said...

Marie,

So glad for the good news on the foot! Keep up the good work! Mom flies in on April 21, and we'll all be tracking your race day together!
Love, Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]