Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yasso part II

We went back to the track for another run with the 800's. This time, I managed a bit better, though still some breathing issues at the end due to head wind in the end section of the laps: 3:40:63, 3:38:00, 3:37:27, and then two separate 400's at 1:45 and 1:47. I think I realized that when I start having breathing issues, I act opposite to how I should- I feel like I am getting slower with the asthma, so I speed up! Hopefully, by continuing with track work, I'll get the hang of how to slow down and manage the breathing.

This time, I ran the track with Tim and we took turns timing each other, after which we'd do the repeat, which is different from the 2 lap workout/2 lap recovery I did last week. I learned that Tim has much better speed than I do, pulling a 3:27, 3:28 and 3:29 along with a first sprint that he didn't time well.

Tip for the day: Want an inexpensive, reusable, home-made hot pack that forms to your body? This one is great for stiff necks and also for use as a compress: Take an old tube sock (no holes!), fill it with raw rice, and tie a knot at the end. Microwave the sock for a minute or so and place on the area that needs heat. The rice retains some moisture from the air, so will provide a bit of moist heat, but you can always wet it slightly when warming it by spraying with a mister.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger JulieJr said...

So, are you doing this speedwork on top of your weekly training miles? Wow -- keep up the good work, Tim and Marie! --Julie

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Marie F said...

Yes, fun runs with the Yassos! We are not adding this to make additional weekly mileage, just turning one training run into the speedwork.-M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]