Thursday, March 20, 2008

What the ... ? Another off day



Okay, new issue! The top of my right foot at the highest point leading to the ankle is tender and is a bit swollen. How did THIS happen? The only thing I can think of is that maybe I tied a shoe too tight and caused a bruise during a weekday run. I am taking today off and adventuring into a 'super cycle' spin class. Sound fun?


I've been putting on the ice for a day or two and tested this out well- making sure that the bones did not hurt to compress and that I could hop on it without any discomfort. All is well until the shoes go on, so I am going with the bruise diagnosis. But just to be safe, am not, I say NOT going to run today. My goal is to do well on the 20 miler 9 days away and to be able to run the 15 miler this weekend without imparing that.


The weeks building up to peak marathon training can bring out some weird issues. The body is tired, the brain can get tired and not focus well on injury causing issues, the psyche can get wrapped up in things like time goals and forget that it is the body that needs to get us there- in good shape! If this is happening to you, don't worry! Focus on solving your problems by getting good rest and medical intervention if needed, extra massages or P.T., and keeping the big picture in focus.


Today is SPRING! Happy Spring Training, Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]